Sunday 17 August 2014

A/W 2014 Winter Coats | Top Picks


Hey guys, now I know what you're thinking, winter coats in the middle of August???
Well us Brits have gotta start planning ahead, right? One minute we're all kimono-loving festival hipsters without a care in the world (picture open fields and feathers), and the next we're all about layers, layers, layers, open fires and Christmas shopping (argh why did I mention Christmas? Sorry guys). In short, summer's pretty much over before we know it, and the winter months start creeping in.

I'm a bit of a weird one when it comes to seasons. Most people say (for example) that summer's their favourite, however I float between Summer and A/W. I love summer for the carefree attitude to life, and obviously the sun brightens my mood - not to mention it is festival season. This summer I have discovered my love for kimonos and have really found my summer style.
Despite my love of summer, there is something nostalgic about the winter. I love the crisp smell in the morning, lying in bed til 11am doesn't feel lazy, and to be honest I find it a lot easier to know how to dress. I find summer quite difficult to dress for (this is a girl who wore a wooly hat through most of summer 2012) mainly because most of the time I am being a typical woman and stressing about what to wear. Combine that with the heat, the make up I have just taken time to do now dripping down my face, and my hair looking like I've been dragged through a bush - ok slight exaggeration, but you get the picture.

With all this in mind, I thought I would get a head start by shopping around for the perfect A/W 2014 coat.
I only actually own about four coats - one of course is my beloved leather jacket, two are denim jackets and the other is an army style jacket not deemed weather appropriate! So really a new coat is definitely in order.
I have noticed that the boyfriend coat is popping up for another year running; it's the perfect combination of tailored and slouchy, and great for cosy winter layering whilst smartening up outfits. I shopped around on various fashion sites and these are the ones that were my favourites!

The Boyfriend Coat


So there you have it guys, my top A/W 2014 Winter coats! As you can see, I am loving the checks and generally anything black or grey. These can all be jazzed up with a fur stole or kept simple and chic. I am going to be styling mine with ripped skinnies, chunky boots and a hat of some sort! 
Which coat is your favourite? I would love to hear your thoughts! And also, is anybody else shopping for the perfect winter coat or am I just being premature?!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing the post keep sharing. wholesale leather is an amazing idea if you looking to buy the products in wholesale.

    ReplyDelete