Sunday 2 November 2014

Outfit Of The Day | Wednesday Addams



Shirt - Boyfriends
Jumper - H&M (old)
Dress - ASOS
Necklace - DIY
Pumpkin - DIY
Knife - Kitchen

Bit of a spooky-esque outfit post today - Wednesday Addams style! If you follow me on Instagram, you will have already seen my Halloween outfit but here it is in a little more detail. 
This was what I wore to work, I was so excited when I found out we were allowed to dress up. It was a pretty last minute costume idea, as I only found out the day before Halloween, but I think it turned out really well, and I received a lot of compliments on it - which was nice! The dress I have had for ages, it was perfect for this outfit as it is slightly baggy so it meant the shirt underneath wasn't too bulky. Originally I was going to wear just the shirt and dress but it wasn't quite Wednesday Addams enough and remembered this H&M jumper. I'm not going to lie I was absolutely boiling, I work as a waitress so you can imagine how hot I was, rushing about! The shoes are my fave recent purchase, you can't really see them in these photos but they are the chunky patent brogues from Primark. I bloody love them! I had seen them on people's blogs and Instagram and knew I had to have them. They were the last pair of Size 7's so obviously they were destined to be mine. The best part? When I got to the till I mentioned that they had a few defects so the cashier said she could knock off 10%, and when she scanned them she said they were coming up as £6! (originally £14) So I got them for £5.40, deffo my bargain purchase as of late. I think they worked really well for this outfit as they're a bit school-like (they did hurt my feet after a while though so I had to change into my work pumps - fashion is so painful sometimes!). I finished the outfit with the pumpkin I carved for work and a kitchen knife - obviously. Please note the knife was just for photo purposes, I didn't serve people with a knife hanging out of my hand, that would be too much! Haha. 
So that's it guys, what do you think? Did any of you guys get to dress up for work?

No comments:

Post a Comment