Friday 18 October 2013

AW/13 Punk Trend - Top Picks








As someone who used to be a bit of a goth and rock the tartan kilt skirt and chunky new rock boot look a lot I am loving this modern take on the punk trend. This time round it all feels alot more grown up and cleaner if you get me (I don't mean to say I spent my youth always muddy, sweaty from gigs yes but never muddy!). 
Back in the day it was all about safety pins, badges and anything spikey. I have grown up alot in my style over the years but I'm still a sucker for anything spikey and leather esque!

1. Above are my favourite pieces that I have come across whilst doing some online window shopping, I have infact bought the Dog Bite Dress (Couldn't resist!) I paid the full price for it and then it went in the sale the next day - bloody typical! So I bought the sale price one and I shall be returning the full price one. Unfortunately when I tried to link the dress I found that it was no longer available so check on eBay!

2. I need this necklace in my life, I've got a massive thing for statement necklaces at the moment, I think they just complete a look and give it a bit of extra wow factor! The bigger the better I say!

3. With the cold days finally settling in this eyelash jumper from River Island would be perfect for layering over shirts, teamed with leather skinnies or the tartan and leather A - Line skirt above!

4. I've always had a bit of a thing for a chunky metal zip, again relates back to the goth days. This skirt is just perfect but at £198.00 I think I'm going to have to find a cheaper alternative! - Sorry Allsaints but that is not within my price range! *Sigh*

5. I'm seeing alot of green tartan about at the moment, which is a nice change to the classic red, I love this backpack from ASOS, perfect for keeping bits and bobs in whilst being bang on trend!

6. Argh, I can't even explain how much I want this skirt, its even better in real life, but unfortunately I can't justify spending £42 on it. Might have to get the sewing machine out and whip up a copy!

7. Really need to get round to buying the Jeffrey Coltrane / Balenciaga cut out dupes, everybody and there dogs will have these by now, and soon they'll be all over Primark too, thats when you just know that EVERYONE will have them.

So theres some of my fave picks, what do you guys thing of the Punk trend? Are you loving it or hating it?

No comments:

Post a Comment