Thursday 17 November 2011

All I want is a place to call my own




Denim shirt - Primark, Ribcage Tee - Topshop. Skirt - H&M, Bag - Carboot, Ring & Necklace - Miss Cherries Boutique, Nail Varnish - Models own : Beths Blue

This is the outfit I wore to go & see A day to remember on tuesday. I always struggle with what to wear for gigs because I always want to look nice but be comfortable at the same time. This is my favourite gig outfit to date. 
The gig was absolutely incredible, we missed the first 2 bands because we went fo a few cheeky cocktails, but managed to watch August burns red, who were quite good although a bit to rawry for my liking! It was jam packed full of emo school children, argh im so old! I have never been pushed about so much at a gig!!
A day to remember put on a hell of a show, they shot out confetti over the crowed & realeased loads of balloons that were tied to the ceiling in a net. At one point the lead singer came out in a massive blow up see-through ball & rolled all over the crowed. Martyn likes to call it zorb-ing. It reminds me of the time George from Alexis crowd surfed in a paddling pool! Have to say its one of the best gigs ive been too! 

Other than that I've not really been up to much, just busy getting the shop ready for Christmas & baking! 
I had major hair dramas the other day (this is why I have done barely any outfit posts!) & decided I had to do something about it, so googled how to cut a side fringe and found this youtube tutorial by a girl called Kandee. Amazingly it worked & wasn't as hard as I thought! I think ive done a pretty good job compared to what it looked like before, & ive saved £40! 
Also check out Kandee's blog for lots of makeup and beauty tips! 

What have you guys been up to this week?
xoxo



4 comments:

  1. I have this top too, well it's a Christmas present so I don't technically have it yet! haha
    Love the outfit and the nail colour, perfect for a gig x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job with the fringe! I cut mine myself all the time xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a really good job with the fringe xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brave girl! Looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete